Food $ense is Washington State’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed). It is a hands-on, culturally sensitive nutrition education program available to Washington Basic Food (food stamp) recipients and schools where 50% or more of their students receive free or reduced lunches. This nutrition education program reaches youth and adults in Snohomish County and the Tulalip community with information to help participants practice healthy eating habits and become more physically active.
Food $ense Staff
(Program Supervisor – Colleen Fullmer; Faculty Advisor - Susie Craig; Nutrition Educators - Rachelle Cameron, Carol Fowler, Leslie German, Kathy Gilman, Angela McKinlay.
- Learn about Healthy Food for a Healthy You!
- Get Connected with Community Resources
- View a list of Agency and School Partners
- Investigate our Curricula
- Download Parent Newsletters
- Sign-Up for our bimonthly Newsletter, Nutrition Tidbits, or view the Newsletter Archives
- Visit us on Facebook - "Like" us and get additional updates
- Contact Colleen Fullmer with additional questions
Sign up for our
Get up and Go!
We still have time to get out and enjoy summer. Commit to making these last few weeks of summer full of fun activity. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Kids love water. Go swimming as a family at a local pool or lake, run through the sprinkler, or even have a water balloon fight!
Play with Them
Set aside some time most days to play tag, catch, kick ball, soccer, ride bikes, or any other active game as a family.
Limit kid's TV, computer, and video game time to 2 hours a day.
Last Update August 2013